The sooner the better. We will meet with you and examine your floor plan and space in detail and come up with a plan that will work. You cannot begin to imagine the range of options that are available “only” if we are involved from the start of your new construction project.
Although more limited there are still many possibilities. You can do free standing or peninsula with a stunning furniture surround or of course we can still do a built into the wall system with minimum space modification. Call us and let’s set up a meeting to view the space and discuss the possibilities.
We love both. Both have their time and place. For unique shapes and oversized tall aquariums acrylic is our go-to choice. Acrylic is also optically clear for that WYSIWYG look. For that classy 47th street window look, glass can’t be beat. High End Jewelry is always shown under glass and for good reason. Glass is also way more scratch resistant although a scratch in an acrylic tank can be buffed out.
For sure! We do it all. From soup to nuts. We have an extensive service department with an amazing staff. We will create a service schedule that will work for you. We will stock your tank with amazing livestock and provide for all the systems needs so that you can sit back and enjoy the stunning beauty of your living piece of art.
Wow. Impossible to answer that one. The options are varied and It all depends on the space. Although marine aquariums are more exotic with amazing colors, freshwater systems when done right have a classy look of their own with a grace that can’t be beat. They are also easier to maintain for those that are more budget minded. We have hundreds of installations of both freshwater and marine systems and all their subtypes.
- Do not install aquarium in an area with too much ambient external daylight as it will be impossible to keep down the unsightly green algae levels.
- Do not overfeed the fish. If food is falling to the substrate and not getting eaten it will decompose into ammonia. A bad thing for fish health!
- Do not overstock the tank. That one extra fish can cause a system crash that will cause you to regret your decision. Be happy with success and don’t attempt to overload the aquarium.
- Do not buy that must have fish from a non-reputable source. That fish can come along with disease and/or parasites that will infect the whole system. We quarantine all our livestock to ensure their health before being added to a client’s aquarium.
- Patience! Patience! Patience! Don’t stock your new tank too fast. Bacteria needs time to grow and your aquarium needs time to establish itself. So, go slow. You will get there and have a “full”, thriving, breathtaking aquarium, just have patience.